Learn to skydive — become a licensed skydiver! 💥
Skydiving can be a life-changing event, and it gets even better when you become a licensed skydiver! Are you up to the challenge? Do you have what it takes? We offer a comprehensive, affordable student program to obtain your A-License. An A-License will grant you the freedom to jump anywhere in the world! 🌎
During your training, you will quickly become a part of our skydive family in an open, friendly, and approachable environment where safety is the highest priority. You will work with instructors and coaches one-on-one with training tailored to you.
Our highly qualified instructors and coaches will equip you with state-of-the-art, comfortable, and safe Aerodyne containers and Performance Designs canopies, leading manufacturers in the industry.
It might not be easy, but the journey will be worth it.
The IAD Student Program
We follow the IAD student progression for training students (at Seven Hills, it's also called the "solo" progression). This is an "ease you into it" type of progression, meaning you start at lower altitudes while you practice deploying your parachute. Once you demonstrate that you can deploy your own parachute safely, then we work our way up to 10,000 feet where you will learn freefall maneuvers such as turns, flips, barrel-rolls, and formation skydiving.
Below is a summary of the skydives you can expect on your way to earning your "A" license.
- 2 IAD deployments where you focus on good body position and control (your first IAD jump counts for one of these!)
- At least 3 practice pilot chute throws (PPCTs). PPCTs build your muscle memory for deploying a parachute safely
- 1 clear and pull - deploy your parachute yourself without any instructor help!
- 2 10 second freefalls - experience your first extended freefall as you work on maintaining a heading in freefall and demonstrate a safe deployment
- 2 15 second freefalls - from here on out you will jump with a coach next to you in freefall while you work on turns and other freefall maneuvers
- 2 30 second freefalls - continue freefall maneuvers
- All the way up! You will conduct the rest of your jumps from 10,000 feet - a 45 second freefall! You will work on freefall maneuvers until you demonstrate that you can move around safely in freefall.
- Check Dive! After you complete at least 25 skydives demonstrating many different freefall and parachute maneuvers an instructor will take you up on your final dive as a student. Perform a timed sequence of flips, barrel rolls, docking, and tracking and earn your A-License!
At Seven Hills, we offer two different pricing structures. You can chose whichever works best for you:
- Pay-as-you-go pricing, where you pay for each jump separately, or
- Packages, where you can buy jumps in different sized bundles (more savings).
We also sometimes have solo progression specials on our specials page.
Take your first jump
It seems like a lot - but don't worry! We will walk you through each jump, starting at #1, at your own pace. If you're interested in becoming a licensed skydiver and are interested in your first solo skydive, check out the first jump page here. You can also call us with any questions at (608) 244 - 5252.
Beyond the A-license
Once you become an A-licensed skydiver, you have the opportunity to jump almost anywhere. However, we will continue to work with you to refine your skills, earn more advanced licenses (B, C, and D), enter skydiving specialties (like wingsuiting, freeflying, etc) and help you throughout your skydiving career.
Below are a few pictures of students that have received their "A" license recently!