Instructor Assisted Deployment (IAD) is a training method that opens your parachute almost immediately upon leaving the aircraft (about 3-4 seconds of freefall). You are never attached to the plane (like static-line) and the deployment sequence is identical to the way experienced skydivers open their own parachutes. This thrilling, solo, 'do it by yourself' method is also a way to train to become a licensed skydiver. Well over half of our students choose the IAD jump, even if they want to only jump once.
Classes are held on various Saturdays (reservations required), late-April through early-October. The class starts at 8 a.m., rain or shine. You'll be jumping in the afternoon (from 3500 feet!), weather permitting, so plan on spending the whole day. Radio contact assists you in landing your parachute safely (about 4-6 minute canopy ride). A HD digital color video of your exit is available for purchase so that you can remember your jump for years to come. Train and jump on the same day.
- 18 or over
- Want to have fun
- Be in good health
- IAD limits are 220 pounds.
- Please refrain from alcohol for at least 12 hours before the course.
- Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers.
- You must bring a valid government issued ID (Drivers License, State ID, passport).
- A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to reserve your spot in a class or an appointment.
- Also, please bring your PATIENCE as we can not control the weather and other factors. Thanks.
See our current prices.
See our dedicated FAQ. For more, call us or shoot us an email.
Call us any time at (608) 244-5252.